QM UCU is currently finalising its official response to the SBCS restructuring proposals and we will post a copy here when it’s done. In the meantime, here are some responses from individual staff members who wanted to share their views publicly. They give a very detailed insight into the problems in that school. Adrian Dobbs’s response is particularly poignant because it reflects how someone who has worked incredibly hard to build up the School’s reputation and attract good applicants – using their own money! – now faces the axe when being retrospectively assessed against absurd research metrics.
- Dr Michael Proulx on measuring research quality and other matters.
- Dr Adrian Dobbs on the threat to the School’s teaching and the unfair treatment of staff.
- Dr Rachel Ashworth and Dr Jenny Schmid-Araya on equality impact.
- Prof John Allen’s proposal to refocus the activities of SBCS.
- Dr Rob Knell on the likely impact on teaching and research quality.
- Wilson de Paula: a PhD student’s view.