Strike action at QM continued today with plenty of early morning picketers! Today’s pickets were largely themed around a national UCU-affiliated Preventing Prevent campaign.
As well as showing support for the campaign on the pickets, QMUCU members attended a teach-out on the subject led by Nivi Manchanda from the School of Politics & International Relations.
This afternoon the teach-outs are continuing with sessions on Global Health (at Whitechapel, with guests from BirthStrike for Climate and Youth Strike for Climate) and on the Save Latin Village campaign.
Tomorrow brings three teach-outs:
- 10 am – 11:30 am – Trade Unions for the 21st Century (with UNITE)
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm – The Bernie Sanders Campaign (with QM Marxist Society)
- 2pm – 4 pm – Race on Campus (please note that this event will be held in the Study Room of the BLSA Building at Whitechapel)
Friday brings four notable events for your diary.
- 10 am – Decolonise QMUL Teach-Out: Who gets to be called a philospher?
- Following this we have a Funeral for Workplace Misery (see the flyer below).
- This carnival-esque celebration of the end of workplace misery will be followed by an Emergency General Branch Meeting where we will be discussing two motions put forward (check the latest branch email for details).
- Lastly the day ends with our participation in the latest London region climate and education march.
Don’t forget that you can help us organise the pickets by signing up for sessions at Mile End or Whitechapel on Doodle. We particularly need people in the morning for the 8am shifts, so if you are free, live locally, and do not have childcare responsibilities, please do try to get down to the picket line by 8am. This will make a huge difference in our ability to set up banners and start the day off strong.
Solidarity – see you on the pickets in the next couple of days!