Many postgraduate students and early career academics experience precarious and insecure conditions in their teaching and research work. QMUCU want to change that. We have tried for many years to … Continue reading Proposed Terms of Reference for working group on casualisation
1) Check the local risk assessment for your location of work.
2) Organise/attend a meeting of colleagues to discuss safety concerns and develop an approach for raising them with your manager.
3) Ask for an Equality Impact Assessment of any significant change in working practices as a result of COVID-19.
4) If you still have to return to campus, discuss your situation with your line manager and fill in your individual health assessment questionnaire.
5) Know your rights, especially regarding your right to leave an unsafe workplace.
At the branch meeting today members voted, with none against, to compel the branch committee to begin laying the foundations for a formal industrial dispute with the employer. You can … Continue reading QMUL Management Decisions Leading to Industrial Dispute
Facing pressure to return to campus? Worried about Covid-19 hazards at the workplace? Struggling with unbearable workload and stress? The only way to fight these issues is if we join … Continue reading Health and Safety meeting taking place on Wednesday, 23rd September 1 pm on Zoom
The QMUCU Branch Committee has received a response from QMUL HR department to the collective grievance submitted in August. The response is disappointing, because the university claims that no equalities … Continue reading The university responds to QMUCU collective grievance
At the Branch Meeting, 16 September, the branch passed, with none against, a motion calling for a more humane approach to work during the continuing pandemic. The full motion is … Continue reading Motion Passed at Branch Meeting Calling on Management to Halt Dangerous Pressure to Return to Campus
Do you want to learn how to organise more effectively against the structural changes happening in our universities? We have a brilliant training opportunity to all our members. You can … Continue reading Training opportunity to members: UCU Organising School (register by 14th September)
Please find below the latest QMUCU branch motion, passed at an all members branch meeting on 19 August 2020. The Queen Mary branch of the University and College Union (QMUCU) … Continue reading QMUCU branch members support the motion on collective grievance and ending the ‘recruitment freeze’