At QMUCU we are deeply concerned both about management’s response to the ongoing Covid-19 public health crisis and about the impact of these unfolding events upon the QM staff and student body.
- We have issued a general response to management’s handling of Covid-19 and its knock-on effects on staff welfare here.
- We have issued two messages to students to date. The first general message can be found here and a second message, focused on the impact of a switch to online teaching and assessment, can be found here.
- QMUCU’s Health & Safety Reps’ joint letter to management (co-written with representatives of QM Unite & Unison members) can be found here. Our call for an emergency Joint Consultation Forum can be found here.
- A petition to close down all non-essential parts of QMUL campuses with immediate effect can be found here.
- We have established a QMUCU Care Network to help colleagues affected in various ways by the Covid-19 pandemic. Details of this have been distributed in our QMUCU branch emails, but if you have missed this or want to find out more information about this network please get in touch with QMUCU via email or social media.