MP Apsana Begum has sent Colin Bailey, the President of Queen Mary a letter urging him to take steps to make the campus safe for staff and students. Her message … Continue reading Apsana Begum, The MP for Poplar and Limehouse in Tower Hamlets, supports your right for a safe workplace
1) Check the local risk assessment for your location of work.
2) Organise/attend a meeting of colleagues to discuss safety concerns and develop an approach for raising them with your manager.
3) Ask for an Equality Impact Assessment of any significant change in working practices as a result of COVID-19.
4) If you still have to return to campus, discuss your situation with your line manager and fill in your individual health assessment questionnaire.
5) Know your rights, especially regarding your right to leave an unsafe workplace.
Facing pressure to return to campus? Worried about Covid-19 hazards at the workplace? Struggling with unbearable workload and stress? The only way to fight these issues is if we join … Continue reading Health and Safety meeting taking place on Wednesday, 23rd September 1 pm on Zoom
Do you want to learn how to organise more effectively against the structural changes happening in our universities? We have a brilliant training opportunity to all our members. You can … Continue reading Training opportunity to members: UCU Organising School (register by 14th September)