Sign our petition here. As 2020 draws to a close, the news of a vaccination for the coronavirus offers hope to an end in sight for the pandemic in 2021. … Continue reading A COVID-19 Payment For All QMUL Staff!
Today, QMUCU is marking the Day of Action for Disability Equality in Education and this year the theme of the day is “Organising for Disabled Workers”. Covid-19 has brought new barriers … Continue reading Day of Action for Disability Equality in Education
Update from the QMUCU anti-racist working group: We are writing to inform you of ongoing representations on tackling racism at QMUL, and to invite you to a workshop organised by … Continue reading QMUL management – publish the Inclusion Report 2020 IN FULL
This week all of our members received an invitation to fill out the QMUCU Covid-19 Attitudes Survey. Put together by our health and safety representatives, the survey is designed to … Continue reading Fill out the QMUCU Covid-19 Attitudes Survey to strengthen our health and safety demands QMUL
Solidarity with our colleagues at UNISON, who have been unnecessarily put in danger by the actions of the senior management team. Over the past month, staff represented by UNISON have … Continue reading QM UNISON passes a damning motion condemning the failure of senior management to take steps to ensure the health and safety of cleaning and security staff
MP Apsana Begum has sent Colin Bailey, the President of Queen Mary a letter urging him to take steps to make the campus safe for staff and students. Her message … Continue reading Apsana Begum, The MP for Poplar and Limehouse in Tower Hamlets, supports your right for a safe workplace
1) Check the local risk assessment for your location of work.
2) Organise/attend a meeting of colleagues to discuss safety concerns and develop an approach for raising them with your manager.
3) Ask for an Equality Impact Assessment of any significant change in working practices as a result of COVID-19.
4) If you still have to return to campus, discuss your situation with your line manager and fill in your individual health assessment questionnaire.
5) Know your rights, especially regarding your right to leave an unsafe workplace.
Facing pressure to return to campus? Worried about Covid-19 hazards at the workplace? Struggling with unbearable workload and stress? The only way to fight these issues is if we join … Continue reading Health and Safety meeting taking place on Wednesday, 23rd September 1 pm on Zoom